2014 was a great year for the Olin HPV team. The team built its first ever tricycle, Cheryl and placed 3rd at competition. Cheryl was comfortable, fun and fast to ride and all team members rode this vehicle for the first time in several years.
This year, the team was the largest it has ever been with 30 active and contributing team members. Furthermore, 2014 marked the debut of the team's first explorations into building a truly all-purpose utility vehicle.
More information about the team's time at competition is on our blog.
Competition Vehicle - Cheryl
- Frame Carbon fiber monocoque with 4130 Chromoly Steel sub-frames
- Drivetrain 7-Speed Rear-Wheel Drive
- Wheels 16" Front (2x), 20" Rear
- Fairing Carbon fiber made in three-part female fiberglass molds
- Seat Carbon fiber, integral to fairing. Fixed position with foam pads for shorter riders.