Olin College had it's best showing to date at the 2010 ASME Human Powered Vehicle Challenge, placing second in the Speed Class. The team placed 2nd in the design report, 5th in the women's drag race, 3rd in the mens drag race, and 4th in the endurance race.
Competition Vehicle - Bucephalus
- Frame 4130 Chromoly Steel
- Drivetrain 7-Speed Front-Wheel Drive
- Wheels 16" Front, 20" Rear
- Seat Wood; Fixed base with 12" of lateral adjustment and four angle positions.
- Fairing Fiberglass; Many layers of fiberglass lay-up on a balloon mold. Finished with Bondo.
Prototype Vehicle - Unsinkable Sam
Unsinkable Sam was the prototype vehicle built in the fall of 2009. Highlights include successful implementation of under-the-seat stearing and a successful front-wheel drive drivetrain.